Gain profit-building insights and long-term customers.
Customer loyalty programs are win-win: Customers receive rewards and savings. Pet store owners receive valuable shopper information they can use to increase sales and improve marketing ROI. In fact, loyalty experts say that retailers can typically expect a 10-percent increase in sales in the first 18 months after implementing a new program — if done well.
This chapter outlines how to launch a new or enhanced loyalty program that appeals to your customers and uses the technology you already have. Content will help owners and managers define program components, develop a budget and create an effective implementation plan.
After completing this chapter, managers should be able to:
- Understand the advantages of loyalty marketing.
- Evaluate program benefits and costs.
- Manage the customer data your program generates.
- Create a rollout plan and schedule for launching a loyalty program.
- Motivate employees and customers to participate in your store’s program.
- Promote your store's program on an ongoing basis.
- Implement a program across multiple stores.
The Managing Customer Loyalty Programs chapter provides practical guidelines for pet retailers to implement a successful loyalty program. Topics include understanding the power of loyalty marketing, developing and maintaining a customer loyalty program, marketing the program, and considerations for owners of multiple stores.
The chapter also includes downloadable worksheets to help managers define program components, develop a budget and create an effective implementation plan.