Teach your team techniques they can use to satisfy your customers.
Now more than ever, pet owners have many places they can buy pet supplies and products, including mass merchandisers, grocery stores and online. With so many options, most customers won’t continue to shop at a store that doesn’t provide good customer service.
This chapter introduces three principles that ensure customers are satisfied with their shopping experience. Associates will learn how to:
- Prepare themselves with the knowledge they need to sell.
- Engage customers by providing personal service.
- Transform frequent shoppers into loyal customers.
After completing this chapter, associates should be able to:
- Educate themselves about products and store policies.
- Describe the four customer types and how to serve them.
- Educate customers about products and suggest relevant add-ons.
- Overcome customer objections and close sales.
- Appropriately handle returns and complaints.
- Take actions that build customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Basic Customer Service & Sales chapter lays the foundation for improving service, sales and satisfaction. The skills taught in this chapter will make your associates’ jobs easier and increase their confidence levels. Knowledge Checks throughout the chapter help reinforce what they learn. Topics include making a good first impression, assessing different customers’ needs, explaining product features and benefits, saving and closing the sale, suggesting add-on products, and growing customer loyalty.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 1 hour
- Chapter test 15 minutes