Improve cat and kitten care and related product sales.
Cats are the most popular household animal in the United States, with approximately 88 million kept as pets. Their popularity reflects the fact that cats generally are easier to care for than dogs, and many owners have more than one cat. This chapter will give associates a better understanding of cats and increase their confidence when selling kittens and/or related products.
Even if your store does not sell live pets, your team should know enough about their care to help customers diagnose problems and explain how to keep their pets healthy and happy. Pet Store Pro’s animal care chapters cover in-store care for nine pet categories and provide associates with a knowledge base they can share with customers.
After completing the Cats chapter, associates should be able to:
- Examine kittens and identify possible health problems.
- Care for the kittens in your store.
- Describe general cat and kitten characteristics.
- Communicate their basic needs to customers.
- Recommend equipment and add-on items for cats and kittens.
- Identify and distinguish popular breeds.
The Cats chapter covers the basics of caring for kittens in your store and communicating the basic needs of cats and kittens to customers. Topics include feeding and nutrition guidelines, housing requirements, cleaning and sanitation, socialization and grooming.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 1.25 hours
- Chapter test 30 minutes