Promote teamwork to achieve your store’s goals.
Customer satisfaction is critical to any pet store's success. Satisfied customers buy more, return often and provide positive word of mouth to create a market advantage that differentiates your store from the competition.
Managers play a critical role in providing leadership and building a team that works together to achieve your store’s customer service goals. This chapter is designed to help managers facilitate brainstorming, run effective team meetings, and prepare for and implement change.
After completing this chapter, managers should be able to:
- Understand their leadership role in achieving customer satisfaction goals.
- Describe the benefits and characteristics of a shared vision.
- Explain how teamwork should be used to deliver exceptional service.
- Apply five tools for team effectiveness.
- Recognize opportunities for change that will improve customer service.
- Identify three components to encourage initiative and personal authority.
The Leadership & Team Building chapter outlines the manager’s role in providing leadership and building a team to achieve customer service goals. Topics include creating and living a shared vision, fostering teamwork, and leveraging opportunities for change.
The chapter also includes downloadable worksheets to help managers facilitate brainstorming, run effective team meetings, and prepare for and implement change.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 2.25 hours
- Chapter test 35 minutes