Improve lizard care and related product sales.
There are approximately 3,000 species of lizards throughout the world. Like all reptiles, lizards are ectotherms and must rely on external heat sources to regulate their body temperature. Each lizard species has specific needs to survive in captivity. This chapter will give associates a better understanding of lizards sold in pet stores and increase their confidence when selling lizards and/or related products.
Even if your store does not sell live pets, your team should know enough about their care to help customers diagnose problems and explain how to keep their pets healthy and happy. Pet Store Pro’s animal care chapters cover in-store care for nine pet categories and provide associates with a knowledge base they can share with customers.
After completing the Lizards chapter, associates should be able to:
- Examine lizards and identify possible health problems.
- Care for the lizards in your store.
- Help customers start a successful lizard habitat.
- Communicate lizards’ basic needs to customers.
- Recommend equipment and add-on sales items for lizards.
- Identify groups and species commonly sold in pet stores.
The Lizards chapter covers the basics of caring for lizards in your store and helping customers overcome the unique challenges to keeping this pet group healthy. Topics include feeding and nutrition guidelines; cleaning and sanitation; and housing set up with appropriate heating, lighting and humidity.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 1.25 hours
- Chapter test 30 minutes