Improve saltwater fish care and related product sales.
Despite their reputation for being difficult to keep, saltwater aquariums are much easier to set up and maintain today because of innovations in equipment and nutrition. The increased availability of species bred for sale has also contributed to the popularity of saltwater tanks. This chapter will give associates a better understanding of saltwater fish and increase their confidence when selling fish and/or related products.
Even if your store does not sell live pets, your team should know enough about their care to help customers diagnose problems and explain how to keep their pets healthy and happy. Pet Store Pro’s animal care chapters cover in-store care for nine pet categories and provide associates with a knowledge base they can share with customers.
After completing the Saltwater Fish chapter, associates should be able to:
- Explain common stress factors for saltwater fish.
- Care for the saltwater fish in your store.
- Help customers start a successful saltwater fish aquarium.
- Communicate the basic needs for each species to customers.
- Recommend equipment and necessary items to keep and maintain saltwater fish.
- Identify species commonly sold in pet stores.
The Saltwater Fish chapter covers the basics of caring for saltwater fish and invertebrates in your store and helping customers overcome the unique challenges to keeping this pet group healthy. Topics include aquarium set up and maintenance, filtration and water quality, feeding and nutrition guidelines, and customer problem solving.
This chapter also includes updated content that covers new technology in lighting and filtration for saltwater fish aquariums.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 3.75 hours
- Chapter test 30 minutes