Improve snake care and related product sales.
There are over 3,000 species of snakes throughout the world. Like all reptiles, snakes are ectotherms and must rely on external heat sources to regulate their body temperature. Each snake species has specific needs to survive in captivity. This chapter will give associates a better understanding of snakes sold in pet stores and increase their confidence when selling snakes and/or related products.
Even if your store does not sell live pets, your team should know enough about their care to help customers diagnose problems and explain how to keep their pets healthy and happy. Pet Store Pro’s animal care chapters cover in-store care for nine pet categories and provide associates with a knowledge base they can share with customers.
After completing the Snakes chapter, associates should be able to:
- Examine snakes and identify possible health problems.
- Care for the snakes in your store.
- Help customers start a successful snake habitat.
- Communicate snakes’ basic needs to customers.
- Recommend equipment and add-on sales items for snakes.
- Identify groups and species commonly sold in pet stores.
The Snakes chapter covers the basics of caring for snakes in your store and helping customers overcome the unique challenges to keeping this pet group healthy. Topics include feeding and nutrition guidelines; cleaning and sanitation; and housing set up with appropriate heating, lighting and humidity.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 40 minutes
- Chapter test 35 minutes