Maximize social media impact by making effective customer connections.
Social media is a powerful tool to help attract, engage and inform people with shared interests on the online sites that they prefer to use. It’s a great way for pet retailers to showcase their store’s reputation as the go-to place for people who truly care about their pets. Interacting daily with these current and potential customers — even when your store is closed — can build strong relationships and help increase your store’s sales.
The new “micro” chapter, Social Media Marketing, teaches specific tips and delivery strategies to save time and increase the impact of social media marketing. Retailers will learn how to tap into consumers’ use of social media to make the best connections and create engaging content on a regular schedule. Designed to be completed in about 15 minutes, the chapter includes samples of pet-retail-specific posts written to bond with customers, increase credibility and grow sales.
After completing this chapter, managers should be able to:
- Understand the difference between personal and business social media goals.
- Explain the key objectives of the 40/30/30 posting pattern.
- Develop a posting schedule that follows the 40/30/30 content guideline ratio.
- List the questions that should be answered in a social media plan.
- Describe the tone and writing style of successful posts.
- Determine how to assign social media tasks to trusted team members.
- Identify online resources for content ideas and uploading posts in advance.
This management-level course includes downloadable worksheets to help pet retailers generate ideas for engaging content and create a social media plan and calendar that aligns with their overall marketing goals.
Estimated time to complete:
- Online chapter 30 minutes
- Chapter test 10 minutes